Image description

Mediation and

 Community Support

Enabling people to find workable solutions in difficult situations

How can I access Mediation?


Cases can be referred for mediation by different local agencies including the police, local councils, housing associations and voluntary organisations and companies.

People affected by conflict themselves may also contact MACS directly for help.

To find out whether mediation can help you or your clients, call us on 07594 653530 or by email.


Will I need to pay?

MACS provides access to a free mediation service where we have a grant or where Local Authorities or other agencies have a contract with us.

If this is not the case, we will discuss our fees with you and help you consider what other options you might have.

Referral agencies:  If you are a Registered Social Landlord, Local Authority department, other agency or employer wanting access to mediation for your tenants, residents, clients or employees, MACS can provide mediation based on a Service Level Agreement for either a fixed or open-ended number of cases. Please contact us to discuss your interest in this.

We have over 20 years of experience to draw on in this field and have a clear insight into the issues involved in mediation provision as well as the pitfalls and obstacles to providing an effective service.


Getting in Touch

If you think mediation might be able to help a situation you are involved in or you would like to discuss any of our services, you can contact us in confidence by any of the methods below.

Office hours are between 9a.m. and 4p.m., however due to the nature of our work, staff may not be readily available and will return your call at the earliest opportunity. 

  • By phone: 07594 653530